Sunday 2 March 2014

Operation Get Lean // Week 4 Recap

Last week was pretty busy preparing for my son's 4th birthday party and also not feeling so hot (mildly under the weather), but I'm still seeing progress so that keeps me motivated.   I'm still about the same weight (111 pounds at about 5'1"). I post progress pictures on my Instagram (@honeywerehome) and use #honeywerehealthy if you want to follow along.



THE WORKOUTS

5 minute treadmill warmup (speed at 4.0), then go directly to planks.  I'm getting stronger at planks, I think I started out holding the plank position for 45 seconds, and this week I'm up to 2 minutes, 30 seconds!  Booyah!  They are freaking hard, so I'm proud of my improvement. 

Monday - Legs, 3 planks (1 min, 30 seconds)

Tuesday - Shoulders, 2 planks (2 minutes), 10 minutes cardio (sprints at 7.0)

Wednesday - Back, 3 planks (2 minutes)

Thursday - Biceps, Triceps, 3 planks (2, 2, 2 min 30 sec)

Friday - Off

Saturday - Legs (3 planks, 2 min 30 sec, 2 min 30 sec, 2 min) 20 min cardio (stairmaster - 4 min at 80, 14 min at 60- skipping a step) 

Sunday - off


THE MEALS

I'm still on THIS MEAL PLAN.   

7:00 a.m.  I always eat oatmeal with coffee for breakfast (but I plan to add 3 boiled egg whites this week because I couldn't get into eating sausage first thing in the morning).  

9:30 a.m.  protein shake (lately 1 scoop of protein powder with 8 oz 1% milk)

11:00 p.m.  lean protein and veggies

3:00 p.m.  lean protein and veggies or greek yogurt 

6:00 p.m. lean protein and veggies 

8:30-9  egg white omelet or greek yogurt 

I haven't been eating veggies, so I incorporated them this week.  I wanted to include pics, but only have iPhone photos- sorry for the poor quality!



Extra lean beef with mushrooms - sautéed onion and garlic in a skilled with some low sodium soy sauce, about a tablespoon of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, mushrooms, cooked the beef (2 pounds) until browned. (This was really tasty but had to eat it with a spoon, will make it "chunkier" next time.) 

Asparagus and broccoli- put in a pot with about an inch of boiling water and put the lid on to steam for a couple minutes. 


Roasted brussel sprouts- cut them in half, add a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar and roast at 400 for about 20 minutes, flipping once.  p.s. warning- these stink up your kitchen.  


Zucchini and squash- add olive oil and roast at 350 for about 10 minutes, flipping once.


Fish (it's vacuum sealed and frozen)- I just added olive oil and old bay and cooked in a skillet on the stovetop over medium high heat until done, flipping once.  


Chicken salad with arugula, butter lettuce, cashews, carrots and clementine.  I buy thin slicked skinless, boneless chicken breast and cook in in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes with a tiny bit of olive oil and Tony Chachere salt-free seasoning. 

My "cheats" this week were:

Friday: a Starbucks iced, tall, 2-pump mocha

Saturday: tastes (couple bites can often satisfy) of appetizers at a restaurant on Saturday night, half of a decadent dessert, and a glass of wine.  I'm the one at a restaurant more interested in the desserts.  

Sunday: One mimosa, piece of pepperoni pizza, and chocolate owl (pic on Instagram).  


And I had sushi (mmmmm!) with my friends and cousin on Wednesday night.  I had tuna and salmon sashimi (no rice) and a tiger eye roll. 

I'm ready to kick ass in Week 5 too!  Hope you have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment