Monday 9 June 2014

Bikini Contest Prep // 4 Weeks Out

We're in the final stretch now, and I'm really starting to look forward to the end.  This last two weeks I had to kick it into high gear to try to lose more weight and body fat.  I did it by upping the intensity of my cardio and staying as strict as possible on my diet.  As of today, I weighed 106 (at the gym, 103-4 at home) and am at 17% body fat (down from 109 gym pounds and 19% body fat two weeks ago).  I started this journey at 25% body fat and 110 pounds (at home).  Go here to see my pics at 15 weeks out.

For cardio, I'm doing 45 minutes, 5 days a week and it's usually on the treadmill at a 15 incline and a speed of 2.7-3.0.  If I need a break, I lower the incline for a couple minutes, then ramp it back up.  I'm also doing more ab exercises (at the end of each workout).  I use my iPod and iPhone to pass the time and also met a woman who also does cardio at the same time so we'll chat.  For abs, I typically do 2 ab exercises 4 times and 20 reps.  I'm working with my trainer about 4 days a week.

I'm still amazed at the level of physical effort all this training takes.  It's exhausting.  I realize now how intense you have to train and diet to get in the kind of shape for a NPC bikini competition.  I do love the results and how my clothes fit (down to a size 24 jean - was a 26).  

I still need to lose a few more pounds in the next four weeks.  Last recap, I wrote about how much mahi mahi I was eating, but I got concerned about the mercury levels, so now I'm incorporating grilled chicken salads with fat-free dressing for a couple meals and eat fish for one meal.

Lately, I have been craving all kinds of food and thinking more about when this is done, how nice it will be to not be SO strict with my food.  I ate a pint of Gelato on Saturday (while watching Orange Is The New Black Season 2 marathon- are y'all hooked?!) and really enjoyed it.  Don't tell my trainer!  

The black striped bikini was taken at 5 weeks out.


The aqua bikini pic was taken at 4 weeks out. 


I go for my bikini fitting tomorrow!   p.s. These bikinis are from Victoria's Secret. ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment