Monday 18 November 2013

Checking In & Melissa Bender Fitness

I was so pumped with the "finish the year healthy and strong" and have loved reading your comments about your plans to do the same.  Week one getting back to the gym was really tough, I was sore, sore, sore.  But, that's the pain that comes from being sedentary too long and it's a good sore- if you know what I mean.  Sitting in the steam room at my gym after a hard workout is on my thankful tree list this year. 

Week two, I started to feel like I was getting my groove back.  Don't get me wrong, it's still difficult getting into those workouts, but about 15-20 minutes in and the music is pumping on my iPod and something just clicks and the workouts start feeling GOOD!  Do you know what I mean?  That is the best.  And in just two weeks, I can see small changes to my body that are really inspiring.  

And now, week 3, I'm backing off because I'm not feeling too good- got run down, feeling sick, and have to listen to my body and take a little break for about a week.  I am just like you and I can't do everything all the time, and obviously I don't kill myself to post on both of my blogs daily, but just when I have something I want to share with you and can make the time to share.  I only want to write things here that you will find useful, beneficial, inspiring, or informational.  

So, today, I'm just saying, I'm not giving up, I'm not giving in.  I just needed a little break.  Back at it real soon.  Can't keep me down.  :)

How's it going for you?  

And I wanted to share a fitness blog I found that I was really impressed with- Melissa Bender Fitness.  This woman trained for a fitness competition without ever training in a gym- she did all her workouts at home. No excuses, right?!  I know getting to a gym is a struggle for a lot of people, so I thought you might want to check her site out.  She shares in great detail all her contest prep including food and workouts.  Let me know what you think and tell her I said hi!  


_________________________





No comments:

Post a Comment