Wednesday 21 August 2013

Jamie Eason Meatloaf Muffins

When I'm looking for something healthy and high in protein that I can eat over and over to help lean out, (fitness model) Jamie Eason's meatloaf muffins fit the bill.  I made them for dinner, then had them for the next several lunches and dinners until they were gone.  A serving size is 1 or 2 for me, depending on how hungry I am and what I'm having with it. This recipe makes 12.


    Ingredients

    *Quaker Oats - Quick 1 Minute - Dry, 1 cup 
    egg white, fresh, 3 large (I used All Whites)
    Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped 
    Celery, raw, 1 cup, diced (I didn't have any celery, but used a red bell pepper instead)
    *Jenni-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast, 2.5 lbs (I mixed that and Laura's lean beef)
    *Ground cumin, 0.5 tsp 
    *Herb - Thyme, Dried Ground (1 tsp), 1 gram 
    *Mustard Yellow, Emirel's Mellow Yellow (1tsp/5g), 2 tsp 
    *Black pepper (spice) 2 tsp 
    *Chipotle pepper, ground, 2 tsp (I omitted this and used salt-free seasoning)
    Salt, 1 tsp 
    Garlic powder, 2 tbsp (remove) (I used 3 fresh cloves)
    - I also added a couple dashes of Worcestershire Sauce




I chopped the onion, red pepper and garlic.


And then combined all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl.  Using my hands, I portioned the mixture into 12 large meatballs. 


Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or so.  I reheat them in the microwave for about a minute. 


For this dinner I steamed up some broccoli and asparagus as a side veggie.  I like a little ketchup on the side too.  I like how the red pepper looks in the meatballs, I'll probably add green or yellow next time also.



* * * * * 







No comments:

Post a Comment